16 Genetic Personality Types (GPT) Workshop
Santa Barbara, CA
October 22-23, 2022
Saturday, October 22 — 9 am - 4 pm
Sat 10/22 — 9 am - 4 pm
Sunday, October 23 — 9 am - 4 pm
Sun 10/23 — 9 am - 4 pm
@ The Genius of Flexibility Santa Barbara
914-A Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
This event is open to all ages, abilities, and levels of experience.
The only prerequisite is an interest.
This is a great way to be introduced to Resistance Flexibility.
About Resistance Flexibility
The Genius of Flexibility introduces the Resistance Flexibility™ (RF) training of Bob Cooley. Resistance Flexibility advances and unites physical therapy, yoga, personal training, psychology, traditional Chinese medicine, and Genetic Personality Type theory.
Resistance Flexibility is a unique, hands-on modality used to develop athletes and performers, rehabilitate the severely and ordinarily injured, and help people of all walks of life achieve their goals. Based on an original biomechanical and energetic analysis of the body and personality, RF achieves unprecedented results.
This workshop is designed to introduce participants to the concepts, principles, and practice of RF. This includes basic self stretches, basic assisted stretches, and an introduction to the physiological, psychological, emotional, and spiritual upgrades that RF can facilitate.
This course includes lots of physical activity, but you work at your own pace. Variations are taught for every exercise allowing people of all ages and abilities to fully participate.
Preview of Concepts Covered
This course will teach you new concepts about flexibility such as...
- Inflexibility is not caused solely by tense muscles, but by the dense fascia and/or scar tissue that has accumulated in and around the muscles.
- You must continuously resist and contract a muscle while lengthening it in order to exceed the tensile strength of the accumulated dense fascia which results in immediate increases in flexibility and strength.
- Most of the increases in flexibility occur when the muscle starts in a position where it is as short as possible and then lengthened, not at the end point of the stretch where the muscle is already fully elongated.
- The flexibility of a muscle is not just limited by its own health and ability, but by the shortening capacity of its balancing muscle group.
- It is commonly thought that simply weight training a muscle increases its ability to shorten, however, the ability of a muscle to shorten is dependent on its resistance flexibility.
- Range of motion does not equate to flexibility. True flexibility includes the health of the tissue and the muscle's ability to continuously and fully contract concentrically, eccentrically, and isometrically throughout that range. Extreme range of motion is often an indicator of hyper mobility potentially leading to instability and damage of the joint structures.
- Stretching is not just a physical activity, but has direct and predictable associations with the physiological, psychological, emotional, and spiritual parts of a person.
- Stretching is not just a solo activity. Maximal results require the participation of others through assisted stretching.
- ...and so much more!
This is a great workshop to take before attending a certification course, which provides a deeper learning experience.
Two Day Workshop and 8 hours each day.
Experience the 16 Genetic Personality Types (GPT) with Resistance Flexibility Technology (RFT)
Introduction into the 16 Genetic Personality Types (GPT) Theory. Experience the 16 types from within yourself through 16 types of RFT exercises, and from interactions and observations of other participants. After more than three decades of research into the 16 genetic personality types, many topics and layers of information were discovered. Experience these various topics through personally directed experiences.
Identify the 16 GPT through Self and Assisted RFT exercises and through interaction with participants in the training. GPT Topics Presented:
Types are concomitance with Muscles Groups, and Organ and Tissue
Two Axis and Four Groups of Types
High and Low Traits of the Types
Introvert/Extroverts, Self and Other Centered of Types
Integration of each Type into the four parts of themselves
Weak Links into Gifts
Getting Out of the Box of Being Your Type
COST $950 (LIMITED TO 30 PARTICIPANTS)
THE GENIUS OF FLEXIBILITY CENTER SANTA BARBARA CA
914A SANTA BARBARA ST
SANTA BARBARA, CA 93101
CONTACT: JENNIFER FELDMAN 404-408-8480
RECOMMENDATION: MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
“From a decade of RFT Trainings, I found that participants need follow up coaching to develop themselves and others using RFT. “ Cooley
A RFT Certified Elite Trainer can coach you via Virtual 1 ½ hr Sessions once or twice each month. Cost $175/session.