Oh, Those Yoga Poses with Bob Cooley
How to be endlessly successful in all types of yoga poses
Santa Barbara, CA
June 27, 2013
Thursday, June 27th — 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
@ Yoga Soup
28 Parker Way
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
This event is open to all ages, abilities, and levels of experience.
The only prerequisite is an interest.
This is a great way to be introduced to Resistance Flexibility.
About Resistance Flexibility
The Genius of Flexibility introduces the Resistance Flexibility™ (RF) training of Bob Cooley. Resistance Flexibility advances and unites physical therapy, yoga, personal training, psychology, traditional Chinese medicine, and Genetic Personality Type theory.
Resistance Flexibility is a unique, hands-on modality used to develop athletes and performers, rehabilitate the severely and ordinarily injured, and help people of all walks of life achieve their goals. Based on an original biomechanical and energetic analysis of the body and personality, RF achieves unprecedented results.
This workshop is designed to introduce participants to the concepts, principles, and practice of RF. This includes basic self stretches, basic assisted stretches, and an introduction to the physiological, psychological, emotional, and spiritual upgrades that RF can facilitate.
This course includes lots of physical activity, but you work at your own pace. Variations are taught for every exercise allowing people of all ages and abilities to fully participate.
Preview of Concepts Covered
This course will teach you new concepts about flexibility such as...
- Inflexibility is not caused solely by tense muscles, but by the dense fascia and/or scar tissue that has accumulated in and around the muscles.
- You must continuously resist and contract a muscle while lengthening it in order to exceed the tensile strength of the accumulated dense fascia which results in immediate increases in flexibility and strength.
- Most of the increases in flexibility occur when the muscle starts in a position where it is as short as possible and then lengthened, not at the end point of the stretch where the muscle is already fully elongated.
- The flexibility of a muscle is not just limited by its own health and ability, but by the shortening capacity of its balancing muscle group.
- It is commonly thought that simply weight training a muscle increases its ability to shorten, however, the ability of a muscle to shorten is dependent on its resistance flexibility.
- Range of motion does not equate to flexibility. True flexibility includes the health of the tissue and the muscle's ability to continuously and fully contract concentrically, eccentrically, and isometrically throughout that range. Extreme range of motion is often an indicator of hyper mobility potentially leading to instability and damage of the joint structures.
- Stretching is not just a physical activity, but has direct and predictable associations with the physiological, psychological, emotional, and spiritual parts of a person.
- Stretching is not just a solo activity. Maximal results require the participation of others through assisted stretching.
- ...and so much more!
This is a great workshop to take before attending a certification course, which provides a deeper learning experience.
Most everyone has made great efforts to be successful at different yoga poses, often for decades. Let’s learn about how to use Resistance Flexibility to significantly catapult your results in yoga poses. You can expect immediate, cumulative, and permanent increases in flexibility and strength in any type of yoga pose using Resistance Flexibility.
The reasons why you have not been as successful as you’ve wanted in different types of yoga poses...
- First, you must use Resistance Flexibility while stretching and not simply elongate your muscles. Yanking on your muscles, breathing into them, etc. simply won’t work. In the medical literature, there are hundreds of studies that conclude that yanking muscles results in damaged tissues and joints, while Resistance Flexibility results in significant increases in both biomechanical and physiological health.
- Second, you need to know how to problem solve any yoga pose if you are not getting immediate success. Learn how increasing the resistance flexibility of the balancing and opposing muscle groups can help you be on your way and finally get unstuck.