16 Genetic Personality Types with Bob Cooley
Discovering the Types
March 12, 2016
Saturday, March 12th — 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
@ The Genius of Flexibility New York City
508 Broadway 2nd Floor
NY, NY 10012
This event is open to all ages, abilities, and levels of experience.
The only prerequisite is an interest.
This is a great way to be introduced to Resistance Flexibility.
About Resistance Flexibility
The Genius of Flexibility introduces the Resistance Flexibility™ (RF) training of Bob Cooley. Resistance Flexibility advances and unites physical therapy, yoga, personal training, psychology, traditional Chinese medicine, and Genetic Personality Type theory.
Resistance Flexibility is a unique, hands-on modality used to develop athletes and performers, rehabilitate the severely and ordinarily injured, and help people of all walks of life achieve their goals. Based on an original biomechanical and energetic analysis of the body and personality, RF achieves unprecedented results.
This workshop is designed to introduce participants to the concepts, principles, and practice of RF. This includes basic self stretches, basic assisted stretches, and an introduction to the physiological, psychological, emotional, and spiritual upgrades that RF can facilitate.
This course includes lots of physical activity, but you work at your own pace. Variations are taught for every exercise allowing people of all ages and abilities to fully participate.
Preview of Concepts Covered
This course will teach you new concepts about flexibility such as...
- Inflexibility is not caused solely by tense muscles, but by the dense fascia and/or scar tissue that has accumulated in and around the muscles.
- You must continuously resist and contract a muscle while lengthening it in order to exceed the tensile strength of the accumulated dense fascia which results in immediate increases in flexibility and strength.
- Most of the increases in flexibility occur when the muscle starts in a position where it is as short as possible and then lengthened, not at the end point of the stretch where the muscle is already fully elongated.
- The flexibility of a muscle is not just limited by its own health and ability, but by the shortening capacity of its balancing muscle group.
- It is commonly thought that simply weight training a muscle increases its ability to shorten, however, the ability of a muscle to shorten is dependent on its resistance flexibility.
- Range of motion does not equate to flexibility. True flexibility includes the health of the tissue and the muscle's ability to continuously and fully contract concentrically, eccentrically, and isometrically throughout that range. Extreme range of motion is often an indicator of hyper mobility potentially leading to instability and damage of the joint structures.
- Stretching is not just a physical activity, but has direct and predictable associations with the physiological, psychological, emotional, and spiritual parts of a person.
- Stretching is not just a solo activity. Maximal results require the participation of others through assisted stretching.
- ...and so much more!
This is a great workshop to take before attending a certification course, which provides a deeper learning experience.
Discovering the Types
The 16 Geniuses — Sixteen Genetic Personality Types Workshop
Resistance Flexibility 1.0
The 16 Geniuses — Sixteen Genetic Personality Types 1.0 (release forthcoming)
Experience the discovery of the types like I did, from practicing different types of Resistance Flexibility exercises. Everyone practices the same type of stretch, then we acknowledge and learn how to be in those ways that result from connecting to that type from within yourself guided by a person of that type and Bob.
Each type of RF exercise targets a specific group of muscles that has predictable concomitances with a organ, tissue, type, with instincts, perception, insights, looks and personality, and lifestyle. By experiencing the types from within yourself, you begin to know types other than yourself from within yourself.
Excerpt from The 16 Geniuses — Sixteen Genetic Personality Types 1.0 by Bob Cooley...
More than two decades ago I discovered sixteen genetic personality types, I call them the sixteen geniuses. I have attempted to present the types to you by reproducing the exact words they use to describe themselves. As you read their words, your imagination can bring forth the inimitable lives, and intelligences of the types.
Once you know about types,
for the rest of your life,
anytime you meet anyone,
you may always think and forever be unable not to think,
the indelible question:
"What type is this person?"
So the types were accidentally unearthed while I spent an extreme number of hours each day practicing these different types of Resistance Flexibility exercises, observing not only how the stretches targeted specific improvements in my physical and physiological health, but also how they psychologically affected me in predictable ways. I experienced my perception of the world and myself being reconfigured with each type of stretch - 16 totally different ways of being, universal types engulfed me, morphing my consciousness. The sixteen different types of stretches had plugged me into a pansophy on types.
Apparently the body is the way to identify types, to experience the types from within yourself. Your body gives you access to a universal language that each type uses to describe themselves.
For me, types needed to be discovered
from within myself and from a solid physical experience,
thus establishing a physical foundation for the theory of types.
This physical foundation was essential
because the mental nature of knowing types needs grounding;
for without this grounding,
no footing into this new concept of types
could endure the passage of time.
Knowing types brings the world to you. You develop an impartiality about everyone and their type.
Typing affords you the ability to identify who you are.
A genius in your own right.
With inalienable instincts, intelligence, and intuitions.
Equal to everyone, and ultimately with everything.