Level II Resistance Flexibility™
Affiliate Certification Training
Principles of Assisted RF
Intermediate Self & Assisted RF
September 15-16, 2020
Tuesday, September 15 — 9 am - 5 pm
Tue 9/15 — 9 am - 5 pm
Wednesday, September 16 — 9 am - 5 pm
Wed 9/16 — 9 am - 5 pm
@ The Genius of Flexibility Boston
561 Boylston St. 2nd Floor
Boston, MA 02116
The Genius of Flexibility is pleased to announce Level II of Bob Cooley's Resistance Flexibility Affiliate Certification Training: Principles of Assisted RF, Intermediate Self & Assisted RF
This event is open to all who have attended a Level I Certification and is designed to delve deeper into the concepts, principles, and practice of RF.
Preview of Concepts Covered
In the Level I training, you all learned the basic self and assisted stretches. In Level II, we will step outside of the structured movements for each of the 16 meridian muscle groups and you will instead learn how to stretch by "feel." This means learning just what it is the person you are assisting is doing when you ask them to resist. Are they flexing or extending? Adducting or abducting? Internally or externally rotating? Each of these vectors are telling you just how you need to move the person in order to stretch them in just the right way.
We will be using the stretching board when working on the lower body. This allows the person being assisted to have their waist and one of their thighs and ankles strapped in so that their body is stable while their other leg is being trained. This reduces the stabilization demands on the assister's body and allows the assister(s) to position themselves optimally to gain leverage for greater feel.
Besides being able to stretch a person's lower body one-on-one, everyone will form in groups of three so that two people can assist one person. More hands assisting = more sophisticated movements in more planes.
We will practice free form stretching for the upper body. Adding the rotational vector to the upper body movements provides a new level of sophistication when assisting a person.
Analyzing Tissue Health
In this course, you will begin to identify the health of the tissue of the person you are assisting. Is the tissue normal, tense, accumulated dense fascia, scar tissue, or optimally healthy (aka "super" tissue)?
You will also begin to develop a feel for the health of all of the other tissues and functions of the body: ligaments, tendons, oxygenation, venous blood flow, arterial blood flow, cerebrospinal fluid, nerves, hormones, organ linings, lymphatic flow, bones, joints, cartilage, and lymph nodes.
Besides learning how to identify this in the person being assisting, you will also be provided with a chart to fill out as you are getting assisted. This is so you can know what others are feeling in your tissue, which would otherwise be very difficult for you to discover on your own.
Differentiation of Forces
There are many types of "resistance" to encounter when working on a person. What is it you're feeling? To name a few possibilities, resistance in the body can be differentiated as: fascial resistance, muscular strength, muscular tension, muscular tenseness, joint limitations, balancing muscle group's inability to shorten, and/or scar tissue.
Basic Problem Solving
Learn the basic problem solving formula to achieve optimal gains in strength and flexibility in any muscle group, quickly. There is a much better way to problem solve chronically tight areas of the body. Rather than just hanging out in a pose, waiting for it to get better, apply the basic problem solving formula to address the issue in a fraction of the time.
Intermediate self stretches; mashing the hamstrings, quads, calves, and upper back; bone rotational interrelationships; five assisting choices
- Tuition: $750 - discount available when registering in advance
- Level II is a two day course, 8 hours each day
- All participants receive a certification manual
LEVEL II — Principles of Assisted RF, Intermediate Self & Assisted RF
- Principles of Assisted Resistance Flexibility
- Action vs. stretch
- Strength & stretch pathways — path of least & greatest resistance
- 45 degree arch principle
- Bone rotational interrelationships
- Vector approach to assisting
- Action in three planes
- Assisting choices
- Tissue health analysis
- Optimal "super" tissue
- Accumulated dense fascia
- Scar tissue
- Differentiation of forces
- Muscular strength
- Muscular tenseness
- Joint limitations
- Balancing muscle group's shortening capacity
- Scar tissue
- Basic formula
- Balancing muscle groups
- Opposing muscle groups
- 16 Self Stretches — The Energy Series — Intermediate
- Intermediate self stretches for each of the 16 meridian muscle groups
- 16 Assisted Stretches — Intermediate
- Intermediate assisted stretches for each of the 16 meridian muscle groups
- Upper body - vector approach
- Lower body - vector approach - using the stabilization board with 3 people
- Mash major muscle groups using feet
- Upper back
- Mash major muscle groups using feet
- Cancellation Policy: Payments will be refunded minus payment processor fees for cancellations made at least 30 days prior to course initiation. No refunds are provided for cancellations made less than 30 days of course initiation, however, tuition may be used as credit for other events, to be used within one year of original event. Tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable upon course initiation. The Genius of Flexibility reserves the right to cancel any event at any time, in which case a full refund will be provided.
- Please note that this event may be filmed for educational and promotional purposes.
- Private sessions also available at our center. Those traveling from out of town may want to arrive a day or two early and/or stay later to partake. Please contact us for more information and scheduling.
- Wear or bring comfortable exercise clothes.
- Please bring a stretching mat if possible.
- We have filtered water and cups available but you may want to bring a water bottle.
- We will be taking a one hour break for lunch each day. We have a refrigerator at the studio that you can store your lunch/snacks in if necessary.